Friday, October 31, 2008

You've Got Our Backs!!!

Happy Halloween!!! I just wanted to thank all of you who have called or emailed us in response to our debacle over the Utah sweatshirt. We have awesome friends and family who seem to always have our back no matter what allegiance you may be. One of our friends in the neighborhood said it best:

"In our neighborhood we have a major BYU/UU rivalry. We display lit up U's and Y's in our windows, fly school flags from our flagpoles and our respective red and blue cars, badger each other about our school license plates, wear red and blue in each other's faces, etc.

We give each other school-themed Christmas treats--yours truly gave the Petersons delicious homemade Y shaped fudge wrapped in blue cellophane. Tyler said he wouldn't eat it. Probably did; most likely enjoyed every bite. There's no shame in that, really :)

That's where we draw the line, kinda like coach Mendenhall and the Y players. They enjoyed some good-natured ribbing, dished it back and with class walked away.

I think I can speak for every over-the-top Y fan in our neighborhood when I say we would gladly put aside our school differences and come to the defense of great friends and neighbors like Tyler and Allison, especially when such petty blue and red cyber-blood is being tossed about so carelessly.

I think your horse has been beaten, driven to a new blog spot and should be left alone. And I've got a neighborhood full of BYU fans who will agree."

Thanks Mindy!!! I appreciate your comments, and I thought they needed to be posted for everyone to see!!

So if Jay Drew comes around again, we know who we can rely on!! Thanks everyone for having our backs!!!

No comments: