Thursday, October 2, 2008

The "Bro' Club"....



I have to give some background into why our blog is named "The Bro' Club". Since Tate was little, him and Ty have had this "Bro Club" that I can not be a member of because I am not a "Bro". They have teased me and told me I could become an honorary member if I would become their slave, and then they whisper back and forth and the underlying jist is: they are full of it!! Even if I do all the slave things they ask, they would tell me I would be a member but they really wouldn't let me be a part. They even have a "Bro" handshake, it is supposed to be secret.

I wasn't too concerned, because I thought I would get a girl and the "Bro Club" would be forgotten. When Davis was born he was of course welcomed into the "Bro Club" and strengthend it even more.

When we found out we were having another boy when I was pregnant with Owen, I asked and pleaded with the boys that they let me be a member of the "Bro Club", because my hopes of having my own Girl Club were gone. They smuggly denied my request and have welcomed their baby brother Owen into the club.

I am very outnumbered in our house, but strangely enough I wouldn't have it any other way. I try on a daily basis to become part of their "Bro Club". Some days I come closer than others, maybe Owen will have a soft spot and will be able to talk the other boys, including Ty, into letting me in.

1 comment:

Colette said...

Yay! You are a blogger now! Love it, I'll be able to keep up on you now. And, I love Tate's football blog, what a great idea!