Tuesday, October 21, 2008

He's a Baby Boy Genius!!


Saturday night we were at my sisters for a birthday party and Owen was laying on the ground kicking, ooing and gooing and then out of the blue he put his lips together and vibrated his lips and spit!! I was the proudest mom in the world, I was so impressed with my baby boy genius!!! I yelled to Tyler and told him to come see how amazing our little boy was, I made such a big deal about it my mom and sister came over. This to me was a momentus occasion it was following right in line with his developmental progression right behind smiling and giggling. At 2 1/2 months I was sure he was advanced, that is how excited I got.

Tyler reluctantly glanced away from the 15th football game he had watched that day to look at Owen and then dropped on this proud mom, "Oh, he does that all time, he did that to me a week ago",

"HE WHAT?" was my response.

The look on my face would have been priceless, I was devasted, not because he was obviously smarter than I thought, but because my dear sweet husband had not told me about it the first time. Tyler explained to me that he didn't think it was a big deal and apologized. What I forgot to let Ty in on is EVERYTHING this baby boy does is a big deal!! He is my last and EVERYTHING is a big deal!!! Once again I am reminded how different men and women are, but I still love ya Ty!! Even if you demolished that moment of pure excitement and pride!!!

Owen is still a baby boy genius, and I am still the proudest mom in the world!!!

No comments: