Thursday, December 4, 2008

Growing too fast......

I find it hard to believe that my baby is now 4 months old!! It seems like yesterday I was writing his 3 month update. I wish that I could freeze him in his current state.

He is sooooooooo much fun right now!!!!!

Owen had many first this month, he had his first Thanksgiving, his first trip to Disneyland and got to have his first trip alone with mom and dad and got to go to Vegas while the other boys stayed home. He also got to taste his very first ring pop, via Aunt Heather, and he laughed hard after each bite, I think it was his way to continue the tasting, he suckered both me and Heather into that one!!!

Owen will giggle at the silliest things, Uncle Trev was his favorite tender in Disneyland and he would laugh hard when Trev would say "Did you see Shamu".
You can get him to laugh hard just by animating your voice.

Owen has also discovered how to make his hands do what he wants them to do, he can grab his toys and has figured out how to grab at anything you are holding or have close by; i.e. cellphones, nintendo DS, plates and silverware.

Owen can give really good kisses!! And lately has been waking up from sleeping, not by crying, but by SCREAMING at the top of his lungs, not mad, just screaming!!!
Just making sure we know he is here!!!

Owen also decided after we got back from Disneyland that he was done with the bassinet. Now if any of you know, I keep my babies in their bassinets for quite awhile, I have a hard time cutting the cord. Last week I put Owen to bed in his bassinet in my room and he just wouldn't settle down and go to sleep. So, finally after numerous attempts, I moved him to his crib and he fell right to sleep!!!
Apparently, he was done with the bassinet!!!
I cried myself to sleep that night!!!

I have been thinking a lot lately about something I read, and I find it to be very true and very cruel. Our entire growing up years until we hit probably 25 we are wishing for this or for that. To hurry and grow up, to be able to drive, to date, to get married, to have kids. Wishing, wishing and wishing away our lives. I wish now that I could SLOOOOWWW my life and my kids lives down. I can't believe that one year ago, Ty and I found out that we were expecting Owen, and now he his 4 months old.
Cruel, very cruel!!!!

So, if anyone has a secret as to how to slow down our lives and freeze our kids where they are let me know!!! But chances are before you know it I will be posting Owen's 5th Month!!!

And that sucks!!!!
Where does the time go???

2 comments:

Annette said...

If anyone knows how to slow down our lives, please let me know!! I am soo with you on that one, Jersie is almost 1 already... It's so sad!

Kelly said...

He is very cute! You are a good mommy, and hey, Owen has his own personality and by golly, I guess he was done with his "baby" bassinet! I think he will be able to hold his own with his big brothers no problem!