Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cute in their own special way.....

As I am frantically trying to get everything done that I need to during this Christmas season, I had to take a moment and let you all have a glimpse into what life is like living with all boys. (I guess one can technically be called a man, although I clump him with my other boys because at heart he still is one!)

Let's just start at the top:

The oldest of the bunch i.e. Ty, dad, father, husband, patriarch; got me going today because he couldn't figure out why I was so stressed with Christmas a week away, our shopping started only just this last Monday!!!! Apparently, he believes that all this stuff just appears, POOF and it is done!!!! He is as nonchalant as ever and no matter what I bring up he somehow turns it into a discussion of when I think we can finish the basement!!!! Can't say that I am really concerned about that right now!!!!

My oldest child thinks that life revolves around him and struggles anytime I mention that we might have to do something he may not want to do. Today was no exception as I told him we needed to get his and Davis' haircut today. He went reluctantly but was surprisingly very happy and sociable while we were waiting. I take the boys to SportsClips and if you have never been in there they have SportsCenter on all there t.v.'s, really Tate can't ask for anything better while getting his haircut but to watch his favorite show!!! While we were waiting it was announced on SportsCenter that Joe Paterno, coach of Penn State, for those of you who didn't know, signed for another three years. Now, Joe Paterno is about as old as the earth and when LaVell Edwards retired he should have followed suit. So I was surprised to hear he extended out for another three years. I told this to Tate and when I told him Joe Paterno signed for three more years, he didn't know who he was, and then I said "ya know the coach of Penn State" and without a pause Tate said, "He'll be dead in two!!!" I about fell out of my chair. This kid knows more about sports then he probably should. Tate at the age of nine has decided to ask for a cellphone for Christmas!!!! I am not sure if Santa brings the cellphone will he also pay for the monthly charges????

Owen is just so sweet and fun right now. I took him to his 4 month checkup last Monday and he weighs 16.5 lbs and is 26.75 inches long, growing like a weed, following right in his brothers footsteps!!! Last week while we were eating dinner he was laying on the floor underneath the Christmas tree and while arching his back, bringing his head clear back and lifting his legs and feet he was able to spin around in a circle with his head being the pivot point, I must admit it was pretty impressive!!!

I will preface this with one word DAVIS....I should probably put a disclosure at the top of my blog, warning you all to read at your own risk because you never know what Davis is going to say or do next, so you have been warned!!!

The passing of gas has seemed to reach an all time high this past week. Nightly, we have the discussion, "Who farted?, That stinks, do not do it again!!, If you need to fart please leave the room!!" I used to be able to pinpoint it to Tate or Ty, but recently my sweet little Davis has been the gasiest of them all. Now you may think that this isn't a big deal, but when you walk into a room and it has a lingering stench, it starts to get annoying, and Davis thinks it is hilarious. So after getting after them all, over and over again, I was getting Davis dressed Monday and he farted while I was putting his pants on, and I said "Davis did you fart?'' he laughed and said yes, I did my usaul run down on being polite and he responded, "it wasn't me, it was my CRACK!!!!"

Merry Cracker Christmas!!!!

A day in the life of the Peterson house.......Happy Shopping!!!!

1 comment:

tara said...

oh dude. davis never disappoints:)