Friday, November 28, 2008

California Trip

We just got back from Disneyland with Ty's family.

Here is the crew, if you notice there are NO granddaughters!! Ty comes from a family of boys, and his brothers have all boys, just like us.
Eight Grandson's!!!
When they are all together we get lots of stares and they can create quite a stir!!! We call them the "Peterson Mafia" or "Baby Mafia"!!!

Davis Moments
Davis had his own personal mode of transportation while in Disneyland, Big "B", our nephew Braxton. He was so sweet with Davis, and lugged him around on his shoulders most every day. Davis would grab a hold of B's fingers and steer him in the direction he wanted to go.
Davis LOVES Brachy!!!
Davis was his usual animated self the entire trip, he chose Star Tours as our first ride in Disneyland and was screaming "MayDay, MayDay".

But by far the greatest moment for Davis at Disneyland came when we tried to get him on Indiana Jones and I wish I had a picture to document it, but I don't, so words will have to do. Davis was just a few short inches from riding Indiana Jones, but Ty and I thought that maybe we could pull a fast one over on Disney. We brought Davis' cowboy boots and a pair of pants and that morning we did Davis' hair extra tall (per Davis' request).

Before we got to the ride we put the boots and the pants on him and marched him right up to the measurement stick, still too short, the Disney employee, measured and remeasured him, but to no avail he was still too short. As Davis broke through the crowd feet away from the Disney employee, who we were trying to pull the fast one on,
with a very sad and long face kicked off the cowboy boots, saying, "Stupid Boots!!!"

Jedi Training
Aunt Heather was certain that Tate and Davis needed to do the Jedi Training. Heather and Sam have been so many times they know all the tricks to get chosen for the Jedi Training. Heather made signs saying "The Force is Strong With Me" and Ty and Treavor held the boys up with their signs, yelling and screaming.
Tate, Davis and Sam were the first three boys chosen!! It was so fun, especially for two boys who love to fight with lightsabers.
They can fight a mean lightsaber war, most wars end with Ty injured and crying. I don't think they were as hard on Darth Vadar and Darth Mull as they are on their dad!!

Owen's 1st Trip to Disneyland
Owen did very well on his first trip to Disneyland. Buzz Lightyear was his very first ride, followed by Pirates of the Caribbean and the new Toy Story ride, Midway Mania.
Owen is the best little baby, he did so good just chillin' in his stroller.
Napping was a little off, but by six or seven in the evening he was bundled up and out for the night!!
Heather gave him his first taste of a ring pop and he thought it was the greatest thing ever!!!
There was always somebody volunteering to watch him while we went on rides, but Treavor was usually the one who won out. Owen only pitched one fit on poor Trev, but he handled it like a pro.
Thanks Uncle Trev!!!

4 comments:

Angie said...

What a fun trip - I can't believe how much you guys fit into a week! I had forgot that you guys were going to the Ute game - how fun for your boys!

BTW - LOVE your new family photo - it is so precious.
Who took it for you?

Colette said...

So fun... I love the pic of everyone!

Anonymous said...

Al, the pix are great and Owen is so stinkin cute, I love the new blog and I have to say your family picture looks great and I LOVE your hair! T

tara said...

wow. who IS your photographer? she must be COOL:)
GET HOME ALREADY!!!! ENOUGH SEEING THE WORLD!!!


trip looks fun. just get home and stay home. deal?