So last week was no exception, the food was wonderful, the atmosphere festive (thanks Aimee) and the company enjoyable, as usual. Many times we find ourselves forgetting to rotate because we are enjoying the conversation so much. The conversations range in many different degrees, but mostly it is a place that we can share our concerns, our struggles of being moms and the happy moments of life with each other.
Now the reason for my post.....
In December we bring gifts to do a white elephant exchange with each other and those of us who are on top of their Christmas shopping (NOT ME) bring little presents for everyone. One of the girls, brought Starbucks Gift Cards for everyone and told us that she enjoys the caramel apple spice, many others piped in and shared what they like at Starbucks, none of us being coffee drinkers there were lots of this hot chocolate or that peppermint steamers.
With one tiny exception....one of the girls, who happens to be a very close friend, (so I know she will know I am only doing this out of pure love and admiration for her) piped up and said, "I love the Vanilla Bean Frappucino", Heather leaned over to me and said, "I think that has coffee in it...", Heather and I start to laugh so hard, Heather is almost falling off the couch, the one said girlfriend, is still going on about how wonderful the Frappucino is, so good that she had turned one of the other Bunco girls onto it, who stated she goes through the drive thru all the time to get one. After Heather had regained her composure she said..."Umm, I think that has coffee in it....". Our dear sweet girlfriend argued the point and was certain that a Frappucino was not coffee because it was cold!!!!! She also stated that one of her girlfriends was the one who introduced it to her and she is a by the book kind of girl, so there was NO WAY that it has coffee in it. Heather continued to state that she was pretty sure it did, but let it go because our friend was so adamit that it didn't!!!
A few moments later, the hosting husband came walking into the room looking for our friend, he had been in the den listening to the whole conversation, which wasn't hard to do because we were SOOOO LOUD, he walked over and handed her a piece of paper with the said ingredients to a Frappucino, she didn't have much to say after she read how much coffee was in it.
Thanks Char!!!! You gave us a great laugh!!! We love you!!!
In this case ignorance is bliss!!! I wonder if the buzz you got from it ever made you wonder?????
Thanks Girls, can't wait till next month.......
Now the reason for my post.....
In December we bring gifts to do a white elephant exchange with each other and those of us who are on top of their Christmas shopping (NOT ME) bring little presents for everyone. One of the girls, brought Starbucks Gift Cards for everyone and told us that she enjoys the caramel apple spice, many others piped in and shared what they like at Starbucks, none of us being coffee drinkers there were lots of this hot chocolate or that peppermint steamers.
With one tiny exception....one of the girls, who happens to be a very close friend, (so I know she will know I am only doing this out of pure love and admiration for her) piped up and said, "I love the Vanilla Bean Frappucino", Heather leaned over to me and said, "I think that has coffee in it...", Heather and I start to laugh so hard, Heather is almost falling off the couch, the one said girlfriend, is still going on about how wonderful the Frappucino is, so good that she had turned one of the other Bunco girls onto it, who stated she goes through the drive thru all the time to get one. After Heather had regained her composure she said..."Umm, I think that has coffee in it....". Our dear sweet girlfriend argued the point and was certain that a Frappucino was not coffee because it was cold!!!!! She also stated that one of her girlfriends was the one who introduced it to her and she is a by the book kind of girl, so there was NO WAY that it has coffee in it. Heather continued to state that she was pretty sure it did, but let it go because our friend was so adamit that it didn't!!!
A few moments later, the hosting husband came walking into the room looking for our friend, he had been in the den listening to the whole conversation, which wasn't hard to do because we were SOOOO LOUD, he walked over and handed her a piece of paper with the said ingredients to a Frappucino, she didn't have much to say after she read how much coffee was in it.
Thanks Char!!!! You gave us a great laugh!!! We love you!!!
In this case ignorance is bliss!!! I wonder if the buzz you got from it ever made you wonder?????
Thanks Girls, can't wait till next month.......

After I posted I was informed that Heather did further checking from Starbuck's and the Frappucino DOES NOT have coffee in it. I stand corrected....but it still was a pretty funny moment and was much needed laugh for all of us!!!
2 comments:
HEEEEYYYYY! You didn't get the text from Heather later that night that said that she checked it out with the Starbucks people and it INDEED DOES NOT HAVE COFFEE IN IT! I even got one today on Heather's card! So there! (Funny post tho)!
That was a fun night! Even if I wasn't feeling the best! Love your blog!!
Post a Comment