After spending a week on vacation in the Happiest Place on Earth, Disneyland, waking up early, staying up late my patience was running a lot thin.
Our drive home Friday went something like this:
After stopping at McDonald's for the upteenth time for breakfast, we were on our way. I thought the boys were situated with videos and Owen was asleep. I laid my head back and thought I would have a moment to myself and I literally could not keep my eyes open.
Side note: all week I had been waking up an hour earlier than everyone to get ready to go play, stayed up an hour later getting Owen to bed, and was woken up at 4:45 am for an hour to feed Owen during the night. Soooo, I was feeling very justified in taking some much needed time for myself to lay my head back and sleep.
Only to have Tyler say sarcastically, "Go ahead and snooze away!!" I was completely offended by his comment, I went on to tell him of my trite all week, and he claimed that he was not trying to be rude, he REALLY meant for me to take a nap!! Sure!!!
So I laid my head back again, only to be disturbed by Tate bugging Davis to give him the Kung Fu Panda DVD that Davis was just finishing, Davis knowing that Tate wanted it, proceeded to be obnoxious and watch every last credit of the movie, in meantime Tate is yelling over Owen at Davis!!
I in my most unpleasant mother voice told them both to knock it off, and if they woke up Owen would most certainly face a very mad mother.
Tate wouldn't leave it alone, or pick another movie, continuing to reach and yell over Owen.
Let's just say I LOST IT!!
I threw off my seatbelt, (bleep,bleep,bleep),
Jumped out my seat, slammed my head into the ceiling, jammed my neck at the same time, said some more not very good words, (bleep,bleep,bleep),
Reached back to grab Tate, couldn't reach him, only to be more incensed when he LAUGHED at me. I turned around injured and defeated.
I think I yelled at Ty because he was laughing too!!
I got things settled between Tate and Davis, Owen had managed to stay asleep through the whole episode, I laid my head back again, trying to relax and take that much needed time.
Only to have Davis get out some dinosaurs to play with, within moments he dropped one of the dinosaurs on the very opposite side of the car from where I am sitting, he is yelling at me to get it, I am yelling at him to be quiet,
I huff, puff, yell and complain about it, telling him I won't get it again.
I have to contort my body in many different positions to try and retrieve the dumb dinosaur. Complaining the entire time, (Ty still laughing!!)
Just as I retrieve the dinosaur, hand it to him he says,
"For the love of Pete, what happened to my real mom!!!"
I turned around defeated again, but laughing, nothing like your 5 year old to put things into perspective.
Our drive home Friday went something like this:
After stopping at McDonald's for the upteenth time for breakfast, we were on our way. I thought the boys were situated with videos and Owen was asleep. I laid my head back and thought I would have a moment to myself and I literally could not keep my eyes open.
Side note: all week I had been waking up an hour earlier than everyone to get ready to go play, stayed up an hour later getting Owen to bed, and was woken up at 4:45 am for an hour to feed Owen during the night. Soooo, I was feeling very justified in taking some much needed time for myself to lay my head back and sleep.
Only to have Tyler say sarcastically, "Go ahead and snooze away!!" I was completely offended by his comment, I went on to tell him of my trite all week, and he claimed that he was not trying to be rude, he REALLY meant for me to take a nap!! Sure!!!
So I laid my head back again, only to be disturbed by Tate bugging Davis to give him the Kung Fu Panda DVD that Davis was just finishing, Davis knowing that Tate wanted it, proceeded to be obnoxious and watch every last credit of the movie, in meantime Tate is yelling over Owen at Davis!!
I in my most unpleasant mother voice told them both to knock it off, and if they woke up Owen would most certainly face a very mad mother.
Tate wouldn't leave it alone, or pick another movie, continuing to reach and yell over Owen.
Let's just say I LOST IT!!
I threw off my seatbelt, (bleep,bleep,bleep),
Jumped out my seat, slammed my head into the ceiling, jammed my neck at the same time, said some more not very good words, (bleep,bleep,bleep),
Reached back to grab Tate, couldn't reach him, only to be more incensed when he LAUGHED at me. I turned around injured and defeated.
I think I yelled at Ty because he was laughing too!!
I got things settled between Tate and Davis, Owen had managed to stay asleep through the whole episode, I laid my head back again, trying to relax and take that much needed time.
Only to have Davis get out some dinosaurs to play with, within moments he dropped one of the dinosaurs on the very opposite side of the car from where I am sitting, he is yelling at me to get it, I am yelling at him to be quiet,
I huff, puff, yell and complain about it, telling him I won't get it again.
I have to contort my body in many different positions to try and retrieve the dumb dinosaur. Complaining the entire time, (Ty still laughing!!)
Just as I retrieve the dinosaur, hand it to him he says,
"For the love of Pete, what happened to my real mom!!!"
I turned around defeated again, but laughing, nothing like your 5 year old to put things into perspective.
Just as I was laying back ready to relax, Owen woke up!!!
Next time I am driving and Ty gets to spend the whole drive turned around in the backseat!!!
Next time I am driving and Ty gets to spend the whole drive turned around in the backseat!!!
Programming note: when I get unburied from our laundry I will post pictures from the trip!!!!
1 comment:
You make me laugh!! Nothing like a reflection on our many drives we have taken to California! Nice to see there are more Moms like me!!
Post a Comment