Monday, November 3, 2008

I'm ready for him this year.....OR NOT!

We have a Gorilla in our neighborhood who makes his appearance on Halloween night. One of our neighbors dresses up in a Gorilla costume and hands out candy to the kids. Last year he scared Davis so bad that Davis was running down the street screaming and crying. For months after Halloween, when we would walk by this Gorilla's house Davis would cross the street and walk on the opposite side of the street, afraid the Gorilla would jump out at him again.

This year Davis had decided, probably with the help of his brave Batman costume that Paul the Gorilla was not going to get the best of him. On Friday we were driving to Football practice and Davis said, "Paul isn't going to get the best of me, I am ready for him this year!" I laughed passed it on to Ty and Paul the Gorilla and didn't think much more about it.

Sooooo, we are trick-or-treating Friday night and we are coming up on Paul the Gorilla's house, and Davis in a very sure and business like manner pulls his Batman mask on and says, "I'm ready for him, let's go" we proceed to Paul's door and it appears that the Gorilla isn't making his appearance tonight. As Davis approached the door Ty and I realized that Paul was in the dark flower bed next to the door, he jumps out and scares the pants off of Davis. But Davis wouldn't let it rest, he was sure that he was going to get Paul, so he told us to tell Paul to sit back down and he was going to do it again, Davis walks up to Paul and peers into where he was sitting and Paul the Gorilla jumps out at him again, and Davis again has the pants scared off of him.

As we were walking away from Paul the Gorilla's house Davis said, "Maybe next year I will be ready for Paul!!!"

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Hilarious story-telling by Allison again! Love it! Good 'ol Paul, what will the neighborhood do if he ever moves?

Crossman's said...

Davis is so dang cute. You have to let us know if he is walking on the other side of the street.

tara said...

next year Davis. next year little man.

love that story:)