Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Owie's got all his marbles...

It is long past due...and really probably forgotten...I posted the night before Owen's surgery and then never followed it up with how it went...so for the record...

The surgery went well, after waiting again for over 3 Hours, they finally came and got Owen...the doctor thought it would be a good idea to put him in a wagon, have Ty pull it till we got to the operating room door and then the Doc would take over, hoping for a smooth transition. He looked so big sitting in the wagon, his binky in his mouth, holding on to his blanket...we got to the doors, the Doctor took the wagon and continued to walk down the hall into the operating room, Owen didn't even look back...his cute little back of the head sitting in the wagon...

The surgery took two hours and they said it went really well, it came down without any complications and came down really easy. The hernia's were fixed and he was all stitched up and sent to recovery. Owen did really well coming out of recovery...very sleepy but was less agitated this time and just more sleepy.

The days that followed were defintely more painful than the last surgery....

I wish that I had dared to take pictures of the poor little boy's privates...it was pretty insane...but for fear of being carted away in handcuffs for posting pictures of his family jewels...I refrained!!! The first day, he was swollen, and the incision on his little privates, was disgusting...they couldn't put steristripes on it, they wouldn't stick. The next morning the bruising had begun to set in...swollen as big as it could possibly be stretched and the nastiest color of black, purple and blue.... When you would hold him, he would not let you push his legs together...I guess you could say he had a good ole case of Elephantitist!!! It was so sad, and looked so bad!!! He was sore for a good two weeks...he can't straddle anything for a month or so, and to this day he is VERY protective of his unit...doesn't want you to touch it, pushes your hands away. Everyday he would take on a new hue of black, purple, and eventually it started to go the ugliest color of yellow...the swelling finally went away and now, besides the incision on it, you would never know...he now looks normal with two little marbles!!!

The only lasting effect has been his seperation anxiety from me...I am convinced that the trauma from the surgery, or the pain that he had after the surgery, he is relating to being taken away from me...I also have to wonder if he went crazy when he realized that we weren't right there by him before he was put to sleep, and that is the last thing he can remember and so he freaks out if I am not around...I can not even walk out the room without him FREAKING out...he will even freak out with Ty. It was sweet at first...but it is going to drive me insane now. It is not usual separation anxiety...it is defintely worse than just a normal "mommies boy". So I am hoping that sometime soon that will go away too!!! But until it does...so sorry to all those that have tend him...but I need a break!!!

We are so glad the surgery is done...and that we can move on...we also hope that this is his little trauma in life...and that it will be something he never remembers.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Glad to see you blogging again, you make me laugh!
Owen won't remember a thing, you know that, but for your sake, I hope the separation anxiety subsides!