Sunday, November 8, 2009

Losing Touch....

Umm...pardon me...excuse me....
......Could someone please tell me how it came to be November 8th????
...............Where did October go????..........is it really that time of year again????
.....and could someone please add about 12 more hours to each day so that I can accomplish all that I NEED too and all that I want too!!!....
....Oh yah...and freeze my boys so they don't grow up too fast....

Why do I always seem to be playing catch up on this blog????
I have really lost touch and am feeling terribly guilty...the reasons for my lack of attention are too numerous to count...but my biggest culprit would be the dedication to Tate's football blog that seems to take presendence over this one...but with one more week of football left...I vow to renew my friendship with this one....

....The boys are off-track...and can I tell you, I should not love it as much as I do!!! No homework, no bedtime, and my newfound freedom with my live-in babysitter...much to Tate's dismay...he is a VERY good babysitter and life has a whole new outlook...

I have also found a newfound love of the gym and healthier eating...working on getting back into shape after a year of excuses...I am going to the gym 6 days a week at the butt crack of dawn...but I am loving it...I have got some wonderful friends that are motivating me to get me out of bed at 6 am!!! I have lost 20lbs and am doing my first ever juice cleanse tomorrow...wish me luck!!! The crazy things we do!!

Getting up early to go to the gym has improved most aspects of my life...I am 110% more productive during the day...as I am up and moving...showered and ready to face whatever that day has in store...as opposed to laying around...waiting for motivation to get ready!!!

When the boys went off-track, my calender looked free and clear...no helping in the classroom assignments...no homework...no carpools...so I was looking forward too it...but I should have known better than to think it would be that easy.

Football is still consuming A LOT of time...but we are heading into our last week of practice and Saturday Tate's team will play in the Championship game for his Division against the Alta Sparrowhawks (as we like to call them)!!! Tate has had an AWESOME year...Saturday he had two game changing plays that made the difference in a win against Copper Hills who really gave us a game. Tate intercepted a pass and ran it back to the 20, setting up a touchdown for our team. And then as Copper Hills was driving to try and tie the game...a pass to a receiver that they had scored on early in the game...was completed and looked as if they were going to score...but Tate ran him down and knocked him out of bounds at the 20 where they were unable to move the ball from there...giving us a 14-6 Victory!!! Tate was AWESOME!!! If I do say so myself!!!

Tate is also doing very well in school and is conquering the 5th grade!!! Tate is getting 4's in Math which is something that he has improved on since last year!!! Tate's teacher also told us that he is a wonderful student and great person...he has the ability to work well with others or by himself and is always including everyone.

Owen is WALKING...just about the cutest thing...I have forgotten how cute those first unstable steps are...he now tries his own version of run to keep up with Tate and Davis!!! Owie's whole demeanor has changed, he is somewhat civil to babysitters now!!! He is so much happier and spends his time traveling up and down the stairs a MILLION times a day...visiting between his brothers and his parents. Owen still is not talking much...yah, mom and dad...just about it sum it up...but really all he has to do is grunt or whine and he gets what he wants...why do you need to talk??? Unfortunately, with us on constant GO around here he is down to one good nap a day...I keep thinking we will mellow out and will try and get back to two...still waiting.

Davis...well Davis is DAVIS....I love him...I at times want to beat him...but mostly I laugh...and I laugh hard!! His latest soap encounter is too graphic to post...so let your mind run wild and I still promise you won't be able to come close to the word...or conglomeration of words for that matter that caused him his soap date!! Have not had to soap for a long time...that should tell you something!!! He is LOVING kindergarten!!! His teacher says he is a wonderful student who is always smiling. Davis is loving being off-track so that he and Tate can sleep together EVERY night and not just on weekends.

Ty is STILL insanely busy at work...he has picked up another billing client and is working on two others. With every new billing client comes all the paperwork, setup and training with each one. UFA is full-time job in itself and keeps him very busy on top of everything else!!!

Ty and I have been able to take some much needed time most every week and treat ourselves to a date night...dinner and a movie. It comes at the end of some very busy weeks and we enjoy ourselves alone or with our movie buddies!!! I love that Ty sees the importance of our alone time and recognizes that we need it!!! I told Davis the other night we were going on a date and he said..."a date...you don't need a date...you are already married"!!! Wrong...I need a date more than ever these days!!!

Life is crazy...but life is so good!!! I can't complain....busy or not!!! I have a bazillion pictures to post...Davis' birthday...Halloween...Football and just for fun...but this is long enough.

My promise...too not lose touch for this long again...we will see!!!

2 comments:

tara said...

i'm going to need more info on the juice cleanse thing. I'm intrigued.

I'm not happy with your extended absence so let's try to not let it happen again. are we clear? :)

Mindy K said...

I don't think the gym has made my life more motivated. I also ended up eating candy and going out to dinner for the last day of my juice cleanse. But YOU are getting me to the gym most every day, and my pants are fitting a bit better. Thanks!!