Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Davis...enough said...

As Davis's mother I am often having to question my mothering skills. Davis leaves nothing to the imagination about where he stands on the many going ons in his life. As with all Davis stories...WARNING...Could be graphic in nature...


But I have found that most of us like to hear the rantings of this extreme child...so I will share...


In November we took the kids to Disneyland with our very good friends. The trip was delightful...the drive home...long and painful. Davis did not close his eyes the entire trip in the car...watched 10 plus hours of videos...the whole day, I had to keep reminding him to stop chewing on the cord of his headphones, he constantly had it in his mouth, telling him that if he keeps doing it, his headphones won't work and then he would not be able to watch his videos. Coming into Nephi...I am startled by Davis beating the crap out of his dvd player...completely outraged...I asked him what the problem was and he said that he couldn't hear his video...I checked the volume...checked to see that it was going...took the headphones and put them on myself...yep...no sound...I restarted the video and turned back around...only to be startled again as he continued the tirade of beating the piss out of that dvd player...I think Owen was asleep and I was annoyed that he was going to wake him up...I again assessed the situation and pulled the headphones up and checked that they were plugged in...only to find that sure enough, Davis had chewed right through the cord...how he didn't get some little jolt of electricity as he punctured the cord is beyond me...but what was most ridiculous about the entire event was Davis's look to me after I told him what had happened...he wasn't sorry or concerned...just annoyed and looked at me like...whatcha gonna do know mom, fix this problem...

No comments: