Monday, August 17, 2009

Owen's 1st Birthday Party!!!!

We celebrated Owen's 1st Birthday with our family on Sunday, August 9th....

Owen wasn't quite sure why he got one present only to have it rudely taken away to move onto the next...but then was quickly diverted with happiness onto the next gift!!

He also did not appreciate Davis or anyone touching any of his gifts...he would place his hands on his head over his ears and scream at the top of his lungs when someone...DAVIS...touched something of his..

We have finally learned as parents how NOT to burn your 1 year olds finger on their birthday...both Tate and Davis burned their fingers on the candle, because mom and dad were not quick enough...nor thought that they would try to grab it...Owen also tried...but I was quick on the draw this time around...third times a charm!!!

Owen had a very fun birthday...or so I guess...he doesn't much know the difference other than he has a new slew of toys to play with these days....

So thanks to our family...for always supporting our boys and showing love to them on their special day!!!

Side note: Owen got two little things he can ride on...this morning Davis put him on it and Owen lifted his feet just enough to have Davis push him around the house...something I did not know they did until this morning...and wouldn't ya know it...Owen thinks it is grand...unfortunately, he did not appreciate Davis stopping. My camera was dead but it was the cutest darn thing I have seen...the boy is too smart!!!

Owen at the age of One has also decided that church is NO good!!! We were sitting in Sacrament yesterday and just after they got done passing the sacrament...Owen started to whine, leaned for Tyler (who was sitting at the end of the bench), continued whining and bouncing, trying to tell Ty to stand up...and then looked at the door and started waving his hand, bye, bye....like get me outta here...I am ready to go!!!! Way too smart!!!!

Oh...I just love that face!!!!

No comments: