Monday, August 31, 2009

1st day of Kindergarten.....

Davis started Kindergarten last Tuesday, August 25th....

He was very excited to finally start school!!!

Davis is in afternoon Kindergarten, and school does not start until 1:00pm so Tuesday morning was full of questions about when it would be time to go to school..."how much longer?"..."what time do I go?"...."are you sure school starts today?"...and then finally, he came into the bathroom while I was getting ready and said..."you're lieing...school doesn't start today!!!"

I fed him lunch, got him looking "sharp for the ladies", (as he says) and we were ready to go 20 minutes early!!! I entertained him and held him off by snapping pictures of him, but then he finally said "let's GO".

When we got to the school he was playing it cool in front of the ladies...and when Miss Miles came to get the kids he ran to get in line against the wall...not even thinking for a moment to say goodbye to mom. The walked into the class room and he was gone...I started to tear up and was wishing I had my sunglasses on...I will miss him being my little pal at home!!!

Some of the mothers were cheering for free time, and other moms were tearing up just like I, some sending their first kindergartener...some sending their last...

It then hit me, and hit me hard, that I had not sent him with a love, a hug and a goodbye...he just was gone...I was devasted that I didn't hug him before he left...and cried for awhile after I left the school...I felt like such a bad mom, certain that he would know that I didn't send him off with my love...well, he didn't...and when he came out of the classroom at the end of the day...he ran up to me and gave me a SUPER GIANT hug, that I will never soon forget...

Davis loves Kindergarten...and he feels so special to be in his OWN carpool, and Tate's carpool...he loves his teacher...and he loves the fact that he has homework and goes EVERYDAY!!!

I can not believe that he is that old...and that he has started his schooling career...

1 comment:

Colette said...

Big day... big guy! He's so grown up I can't even stand it!!! :) So glad you blog so I don't miss it all being gone!