Monday, August 24, 2009

"Easy...Peasy...."

Davis starts Kindergarten tomorrow...if you can believe it...

Last week Davis and I went and met with his teacher, Miss Miles...I didn't want to scare him, so I didn't call it testing...although that is what it was...I just said he was going to meet with his teacher and that she was going to ask him to do somethings, like write his name, count and tell her the letters he knows.

Miss Miles got me started on my paperwork and then took Davis to a different table with his back to me and started with asking him to write his name, she said it looked great...I didn't get to see it...he can write his name, not to worried about that. The next thing she asked him to do was to choose words that rhymed together...she would say a word and then give him a list of things that did or did not rhyme...ham...jam...ham...sock...ham...duck...and then he had to choose...

I could not help to laugh as he had a long pause between each question...but always giving the correct word...I wasn't sure he could do it, so I got a sinking feeling in my stomach wondering if he knew how to rhyme...but of course he answered every rhyming question correctly..thanks Miss Heidi, although with terribly long pauses between each answer....

they next moved on to letters, first lower case and then upper case letters and then sounds...again, some very painful pauses in between...but he made me laugh...

But what made me laugh the most was when she asked him to count as high as he could....he started out like gang busters...1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.11.12.13...pause....pause...she then asked him to go further...14...pause..can you go further?...15...pause...more pushing by her...16...pause and so on all the way to 29. But after 13 had to be asked to tell the next one...almost like he was thinking..."I can go on...but do you really want me to?" I started laughing and Miss Miles also chuckled a little.

When we got home from the school, Ty was here and he asked how it went and Davis walked in and said..."that was easy...peasy!!!"

Davis also has his first homework assignment a page titled Autobiograhy, he couldn't believe he already had homework...and was quite animated in telling us his answers...

DAVIS AUTOBIOGRAPHY
My name is: Davis Peterson
I am 5 Years Old
I was born on August 15, (I had to correct him) oh, I mean October 15, 2003
I have 2 I mean 3 brothers...Ty had to go on and correct him that you don't count yourself, oh 2 brothers...zippo sisters
I have 1 pet, Coal
My hobby is...oh, oh, oh, I know....learning letters...thinking he had just given the utmost proper answer!!!....Brown noser.....
My favorite color is:...RED...for the Utah Utes...looking at his dad for approval
I want to be:...a Cop...looking again at his dad for his approval and reaction.

Davis is so funny...there is not a single day that goes by that we are not laughing at something he says....he is very particular and likes things his way and to be done in a certain way...showing some slight obsessive compulsive behavoir. If his socks don't feel just right, and his shoes are just right...or make sure he has wiped his bum good enough...he makes Ty and I check to make sure he did a good job...yes I know...we are in trouble...

This school year should be quite entertaining...I hope that Ty and I survive it...thank heavens it starts tomorrow...I am getting sort of tired of the discussion about when he gets to go to school!!!

I just hope that he comes home tomorrow saying that it is....EASY....PEASY...!!!!!

1 comment:

Brent & Debi said...

I can't believe it! I love reading your blog. Miss you all. Lots of love, the GREAT aunt Debi (LOL)