Monday, March 16, 2009

Let's go out to the ball game x 2

Baseball season is upon us....we took a short break between football and baseball with some low key Jr. Jazz, but we have jumped back into heavy duty sports with two feet this year!!!

Tate and Davis are both playing baseball this year!!!!

Tate had tryouts beginning of March, he is playing in Bingham Baseball's 9-10 league and was "drafted up" to play with the 10 year olds on the Minor National Dodgers this year. It is amazing to me after not picking up a bat or a glove since last June that Tate can jump right back into this, without losing a step and in fact looking better than when he finished the season last year....he impresses me so much!!!

Davis is playing Bingham Baseball's Rookies this year which is Coach Pitch/Teeball, yipee!!! Can't get any more entertaining than this.....we were going to preempt the Coach Pitch with Davis and go straight to machine pitch, but they changed fields on us for Davis so we bumped him back down to Rookies, because really it is all about me, right???? I was not going to drive between two fields, miles apart!!! I already have two boys in baseball this year...you can not possible expect me to run crazy between two fields and potentially miss one of their games...at least being at the same field I can jump back and forth!!! (I am trying to make myself feel better about putting Davis is such a snoozer of a year...hopefully he will forgive me someday!!)

Davis is sooooo excited to finally be able to play baseball, we have been talking about this for years!!! Davis' team is the Orioles, which is quite fitting because his favorite color is Orange, and his jersey is going to be Orange!!!!

I am also happy to report that Ty decided not to coach this year...work is beyond crazy for him right now, and he just wasn't feeling like he could take the time...I am actually excited to watch the games with him...that is of course if he doesn't weasel his way onto the field somehow, not being able to handle not helping!

I am unhappy to report that I have accepted the Team Mom responsibilities....stupid, stupid, stupid...but I have done it for the last few years and really it is not that big of deal...get the names on jerseys, a few emails, and an end of the year party....easy....but than again I have never had two boys in baseball, twice the games and a little 7 month old thrown into the mix...I am glutent for punishment, what can I say!!!

An example of our week since baseball has started.....
Monday: Tate practice...Team Mom Meeting
Tuesday: Tate practice....Davis practice....at different locations may I add
Wednesday: Tate practice
Thursday: Tate practice
Saturday: Tate practice

And that is just this week....are you jealous????

Probably not...because one thing I know for certain...we all live these crazy lives....you just are lucky enough to hear about mine today.....

1 comment:

Mindy K said...

Phew, sounds yucky. Fun to see them play; lame to drive them.

Kourtney played a soccer game in Highland in the middle of the snow on Monday. I feel for ya.