Sunday, March 1, 2009

Davis, Davis, Davis.....

Can I say anymore.... This morning Davis woke up and immediately said he did not want to go to church today...not unusual, this happens most Sunday's. About an hour later, Ty was home which is also unusual on a Sunday morning, Davis comes walking into the kitchen and says kind of under his breath, "I am not giving a talk today", it caught my attention and he was acting so suspicious we pushed the issue further, "Davis, what did you say?" Davis says again "I am not saying a talk today, I threw the paper in the garbage!!" and then he laughs and giggles in his most evil laugh!!

From the small suspicious bits of information from Davis and the multiple phone calls I made to teachers, primary presidency and secretaries we deemed that Davis does indeed have a role in Opening Exercises in Primary today, luckily not a talk, but the scripture, thank heavens. But he really did receive the paper last week in church and he really did throw it away at church, I am sure thinking..."ha ha, if they don't know, I don't have to do it!!!"

Side note: Davis is terrified of giving any such talks, scriptures, prayers, etc. in church...he always volunteers for them, but Ty or I always end up saying it. Although, the last time he did give his talk and did a very nice job (I think we bribed him to do it with money...great parenting skills).

Ty and I have been laughing all morning over this one, this kid never stops...at least he had a moment of regret, a very small moment of regret, and actually told us before we got to church or even before he got to Primary and he was expected to give the the scripture!!!!

This one will go down in style of classic Davis behavior, I just wish you could have all been here when he came strolling in the kitchen and dropped that one on us...Davis, Davis, Davis...enough said!!!

2 comments:

Mindy K said...

He was of course a little nervous, but I thought he and Ty did a great job.

tara said...

oh davis. how i LOVE that kid. jeff and i both got a GREAT laugh out of that. smart kid! good job davis:)