Not only does he have one binky, he has numerous binkies...ALL of his binkies have holes in them and yet he still sucks on them...yuck!! He puts the rest in between his fingers and holds them there....I know...a lot strange...but yesterday morning, like most mornings, when he woke up I told him we needed to throw those binkies away...he was a big boy and they were ruining his teeth. He only has his binkies when he takes a nap or goes to bed, they stay in his bed all day. He seemed to be in agreeance yesterday morning, even last night when I was getting him ready for bed...he agreed. But as soon as I laid that poor little boy in his bed last night...he was in a frantic search for his zsa zsa's...."where is it"..."find it mom"...around and around in his bed...throwing the blankets trying to find just one...looking underneath his crib...searching down the sides of his crib..."where is it...find it mom"...it was HEARTBREAKING!!!
I'll admit...I wanted to give in and just give it to him...he is my BABY, ya know...who cares if he has his zsa zsa's till he is 16...he's my BABY!!!
I kind of got him settled, replacing the binkies with his baby boy cabbage patch doll and of course his Ironman race car...he layed down...and for about two minutes didn't make a sound...then he started to cry....after a few minutes I went in...and he was again frantically searching..."where is it mom...find it"...same routine...under the blankets...under the crib...down the sides of his crib..."find it mom"....I tried to talk to him...tried to explain...laid him back down and left the room. He continued to cry...so then Dad went in...same routine..."where is it"...under the blanket, down the sides of crib...in the saddest little voice..."zsa, zsa, zsa, zsa, zsa, zsa"...Ty came out his room and looked at me and said..."why did you have to take away his binky...that is the saddest little boy I have ever seen"....thanks, TY!!!
Just as I was about to go in and give him his binkies back and whatever else he wanted to make up for my mean mom ways...no more noise, no more crying....he went to sleep...disaster diverted, for last night, anyways.
No more binkies...hasn't said a word about it today...we will see what tonight brings but as for now...we are binky free...
Another milestone in our lives...no more babies...no more bottles...and no more zsa zsa's....
No comments:
Post a Comment