A big homework project and Relief Society Activity in one week made for a long week....
I found myself sitting on the couch this morning after taking the kids off to school, staring off into space....decompressing....Ty came out and asked what I was doing...the tv wasn't on and I wasn't doing anything...just sitting there. I didn't have an answer, I was just trying to make sense of this crazy week.
Tate had his Newspaper Book Report due Wednesday, and in true Tate fashion...he saved it for last minute!!! LOVE HIM!! We have been bugging him for weeks to get it done. He finished the book Sunday, but the report had to be in Newspaper form, 4 pages with all kinds of requirements to be included...an obituary, a sports section, feature stories, headline stories, classifieds, editorials, advertisements and a HAND DRAWN political cartoon!! Tate hates any kind of art. So you can only imagine what his political cartoon looked like!! It was a project!! Thank heavens for a new computer and Microsoft Word that has a newspaper layout format!! That probably saved our lives!! Ty and I were up till 1:30 formatting and perfecting this after Tate went to bed at 11:00 giving us all the content he needed!! Glad that one is done...although, that means that the History Fair is around the corner...and everyone that has had Mrs. Long says the History Fair is the Grand Daddy of 'em all!!! Lucky us!!!
Whilst trying to get Tate's bookreport done, I was in the middle of getting ready for our Relief Society Birthday Social on Thursday!! We did invitations ALL day Tuesday!!! I am often surprised how much time and effort goes into one of these activities. I am also surprised how much heart goes into it as well. I am also surprised how disappointing it can be when you don't get the attendance you were hoping for!! It was fun, we did The "Purse" suit of Happiness and it was fun. We weighed the sisters purses and then played a purse scavenger hunt game....my favorite item on the list...a used kleenex...and we had three cute moms run up with one!!! Dinner was good, and the decorations turned out just as cute as we had hoped!!! It was a great night and I love the ladies in my ward. I just have to keep reminding myself today, that the ladies that were there, enjoyed it and had a great time and that is what is important...and here's to hoping that next time we will get more ladies there!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment