My Davis has been really trying my patience lately...
I am not sure what kind of a stage he is going through...but it is not good!!!
But the problem with Davis is there is no conventional way to handle him or his behavior. Lately, he has turned into Mr. Tattle Tail on Tate...and is a constant thorn in Owen's side...
I believe he thinks if he DOESN'T make Owen scream he has failed...
But as of most recent he has decided that it is okay to talk back...give you "total" attitude and completely disregard what you are saying or doing...
Ty must be on his wave length...and it explains a lot of where Davis came from...but Ty thinks he is just pushing buttons because of the attention that Owen or Tate may be getting at the time...middle child syndrome...
Which I am sure is partly true...so I have adjusted my way of handling him...I pause and then screech...but mostly I am just trying to give him more love!!!
But on certain days that can be extremely trying...a couple of Saturday's ago we were all just hanging out in our bed...Davis started to give total attitude and was being a smart mouth and kind of talking back to me...I...in my nicest mom voice asked him nicely to cool it...and if he didn't he would be sent to his room in timeout...at which point he looked right at me and with TOTAL ATTITUDE said...."You're a JOKE"...yep...yes he did...yep, you heard it right..."YOU'RE A JOKE" mom and nothing you say to me really has any regard to me...a joke...a total joke...
Tyler started to smirk but quickly got it under control when he looked at me with steam coming out of my ears and sternly sent him to his room...
Was it funny...yea...one of the funnier things he has said...but oh, it made me so mad...because unfortunately, I think he really feels that way about me...Tyler is about the only one that can send fear into him...and so whatever I say...must be a total JOKE!!!
Davis also never lets you know that whatever punishment he is getting...doesn't bother him...
If I ground him from the WII...he didn't want to play it anyway...If I ground him from playing with friends...he wasn't in the mood to play anyways...If you threaten his baseball game...I don't want to play anyway...always trying to have the upper hand on you and what you are trying to do...
That weekend was a brutal one for us and Davis...he spent a lot of time in timeout that weekend and since then has been better behaved...
One thing that we can say to Davis that will bring him back from Hell...is we want the "REAL" Davis back...and he will think on that and then usually will realize that what he has been doing is not okay...and he will bring the real Davis back...thank heaven's for the REAL Davis because that other one is a JOKE!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment