Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Keep on, Keeping ON......

June was a whirlwind of a month, and although I thought that July would mellow it hasn't. Now here we are 3 days from August and we are picking up speed, no signs of slowing down.....

After returning from Seattle and the Coast Tyler jumped right back into work. With the UFA takeover starting July 1st, he has been incredibly busy fixing little problems here or there, putting things in motion...I do have to brag for one small moment about my husband...He has impressed me so much as he has taken this and made it go all with his doing...He is quite an impressive business man, and everyday I am impressed with his knowledge and professionalism.(if that's a word??) I know I don't tell him enough how proud of him I am, and how hard he works to be successful, he makes me very proud!!! Monday was Ty and the Bishoprics one year anniversary. The time at the church has been reduced to Sunday's and an occasional Tuesday here or there. I believe Ty has enjoyed his time in the Bishopric and has made some dear friends with those he serves with. Tyler is always the first one to volunteer to do something for the Bishop and is always willing to stay as long his needs to help out...sometimes much to his wife's awnry chagrin. But I am also proud of Ty and his dedication to his calling. All in all Ty is turning into one amazing father, businessman and ward clerk!!! And any man that can handle this ball of emotions at any given moment is a SAINT!!! Love ya, Babe!! Tyler celebrated his 34th Birthday on July 9th and I missed it so here is my shout out to you!!!

Me, myself and I, fill up my days with swimming lessons, swimming pools, manning the fort with friends and girls, making sure that at any given moment I can serve Davis whatever he desires, also making sure Tate and Davis don't kill each other, depending on the day....Being Owen's BESTEST friend, occasional lunches with girlfriends, running errands: ie Costco, Harmons, Sports Authority and laundry. I am still working one day a week in the office, and working when I can from home. I live a pretty blessed life, and have the joy of being home with my boys!!! I look forward to the weekends when I can spend some time with Ty, either with friends or with our boys. We enjoy being together...and really I would rather be with him than anyone else.

I am looking forward to another year of watching my Tate play football...I love to see his aggressiveness, toughness and determination when he plays football!!! He may not be the fastest or quickest, but he is definitely one of the toughest!!! I think I become somewhat of a pyscho mom and can't get enough of it...you can find me these days, up at the Park watching 2 1/2 hours of tryouts, for every day this week...can't get enough. Next week I will become a permanent fixture at his practices...if Owen allows it...for the next three months, and I crave game days. I truly love football, and I love watching Tate!!!

Tate finished off his 4th grade year with Mr. Strebel...Tate had an amazing teacher that taught him so much more than academics. This year, Tate, learned so many life lessons with Mr. Strebel as his teacher, we will never be able to duplicate the things that he taught him. He gave Tate self-esteem and confidence, to believe in himself and his abilities. He made learning fun and is just an amazing teacher. Mr. Strebel lost his 19 year old son in April in a car accident involving two gangsters running from the police and ran a red light, hit Mr. Strebel's sons car and killed him and his roommate instantly. I can not imagine the hurt and heartache Mr. Strebel has had to deal with, but through it all he was still teaching. Teaching those kids life lessons. I will always be grateful for the things Tate learned this past year.

Davis graduated from preschool with Miss Heidi and is headed for kindergarten. Can't believe he is ready to start that...but he is READY!!! Davis learned a lot from Miss Heidi and has even learned how to read, and is reading very well!!! Davis is still TROUBLE....He is still quite the character...you must be always ready to sensor the things that come out of his mouth...he told us the other day that he got my bra and put it on...and that a bra is to lift my boobs!!! I know, I know, not good!!! Our family and friends love to hear Davis stories, and about his latest swearing tyraids!!! This summer we challenged Davis to learn some things that a five year old should know how to do...swimming lessons, buckle your own seatbelt, (graphic, sorry) wipe your own bum, and learn how to ride a bike!!! We have successfully completed all...Davis learned how to ride a bike without training wheels in like 3 nights. The first night he coasted down the driveway, balancing like a champ, but he did not know how to peddle!! Never peddled anything in his life, he is a scooter boy and has been able to balance on one of those since he was two!! So we put the training wheels back on for one night so he could learn how to peddle, the next night we took them off... riding like a champ!!! Most amazing thing I have seen...the thing about Davis is, until he decides for himself that he can or will do it, there is NOTHING you can do to change his mind and then once he decides then he is already gone!!!

Owie-goes, as we call him...is still the light of our lives!!! He is so happy and is always smiling!!! Owen turns 1, if you can believe it, next Tuesday, August 4th...so Owen will get his own special post. But he is a-movin' and a-shakin' these days...crawling as fast as his can. And he loves to be around his brothers!! He also still does have somewhat of an attachment to me...at times it can be hard...but a good friend reminded me that they aren't that little for very long...since then I take advantage of his attachment and love that he always wants to be right by me!!!

This is our life in a very small nut shell, the past two months....there is so much more to be said...but this is long enough....maybe another time!!! More pictures.....

No comments: