Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tinfoil Dinner Disaster

The Davis Family - 1 The Peterson Family - 0

A couple of weeks ago we went up Big Cottonwood Canyon to have dinner and hang out with the Davis family. Jeff D called us a couple days before and thought it would be fun to take the kids and go up the canyon, have tinfoil dinners and just hang out...

He then of course turned it into a contest stating that we were going to have a "Best Tinfoil Dinner" contest. Well, long story short...ours sucked and got burned...Davis' were delicious and they ended up having to share theirs with us...as we burned ours!!! I guess we got the fire a little too hot, as our meatloaf style tinfoil dinners were sufficiently cooked in less than uh, 15 minutes...charbroiled!!!

But none the less, we had a great time...I think sometimes our kids think we are crazy, but it is times and moments like these that they love and will always remember!!!

We love spending time with the Davis fam...and look forward to the time when I can squash them in another tinfoil dinner contest!!! IT IS ON!!!!

We also sat around and played Queen Chicken...Tara and Davis proudly held their Queen and King Chicken spots the longest....Can't miss out on these fun photo ops....enjoy!!!

(Tara, you wear those antlers well...madam, Queen Chicken!!!!)

2 comments:

Colette said...

Just read your last few posts, you guys have had a fun summer! Pics are great, the kids are so big and I can hardly believe Owen!! I haven't seen him since the week he was born, what a big guy! Ty... bald? I guess there is a season for everything, right? See you soon, we'll be up again in August.

tara said...

oh for the LOVE! could you dig up any worse pictures? thanks bunches:)

if WAS a fun night...even with the ward cowboy party next door.

by the way...if you'll remember...i was taking pictures too.:)