With both Tate and Davis playing this year and them both having two games a week, we are either at the field almost every night of the week, or on some lucky occasions at the field twice a week for the entire night...Last week we started at Davis' game at 5:30 and left the field that night at 9:30 after Tate's game!!!! Luckily for us the Snack Shack makes a mean hamburger and hotdog!!!
But I can't complain...I love it!!! I love being a baseball mom!!! I love watching my boys!!!
Tate is having a great year....the team on the other hand is struggling a little bit...after 4 straight losses we are now on a 2 game winning streak and the team claims they won't lose another the rest of the season...we will see!!! Tate is playing 2nd base and some outfield!! Last week Tate was playing 2nd and stopped one of the hardest, bouncing grounders I have seen, and got the out at 1st!!! His coach gives game balls to the boy who plays the best...Tate got the game ball for that game!!! He is really holding his own this year...which is impressive to me considering he was drafted up into the older league and on a team with a bunch of Allstars and that play SuperLeague baseball as well!! Tate is hitting very well this year!!! Way to go Tate!!!
Davis is unbelievable...It would be worth the price of admission for you all to see Davis in game mode!!! I have been scolded numerous times for not wishing him "good luck in his game"...before his game...like I do with Tate!!! He takes notes on whether or not you are watching him and don't even think about talking to someone during his games...if he sees...you are in trouble!! He is very serious about this and in the Rookie league he is playing, everyone bats, there are no outs and everyone scores...but we have a discussion after each game about whether or not they won and if it was close or a blowout...He must have a pretty good team...they win EVERY time!!! Last week he "versed" a team that had one of his preschool friends on the other team, after the game he was telling me how hard it was to play against your friends especially when you beat them so bad!!!! And he was concerned what he would say to his friend at school the next day to make beating him okay!!! I do feel bad for putting him in such a snoozer of a league and really it is not so entertaining after you have been watching "real" baseball with Tate, he was defintely ready to move to machine pitch...but worth it for me...making my life a little bit simpler with two boys in baseball not having to drive between fields.
Davis is a great little player...I can defintely see the difference between Tate and Davis at this age...Davis has done nothing but watch Tate for years playing and practicing and Davis has defintely benefitted from it. He can hit the ball!!! And he is one of two boys that actually understands the game on his team...I feel bad he gets very frustrated when his team does not do what they are supposed too, but really what do you expect from 3 and 4 year olds!!! Davis was also VERY offended when one of the teams he was "versing" was a team full of girls, the Pink Astros!!! And after the game he said the team was filled with "whiny, crybaby girls who couldn't hit the ball"!!! He is very intense about playing baseball and loves his Orange Oriole uniform!!! Way to go Davis!!!
1 comment:
that right davis. baseball doesn't need any crybaby sissy girls:)
thanks goodness for a snack bar. those made hour and a half games manageable.
Post a Comment