Last Sunday Ty had to go down to his office to pick up a projector for the Bishop who was doing a youth fireside and needed one. Ty asked me to come and ride with him...Owen was sleeping, so we left Tate in charge.
(No need to freak out, he is quite responsible and does very well with Owen, even if he wakes up...I do not leave him for endless hours, we are taking minutes!!!)
On our way home, Tate called to let me know Owen was awake and everything was good...Owen was just playing on the floor. We pulled into the garage and Tate comes out carrying Owen in his arms...ranting and raving about how that was the last time he was EVER going to change a diaper again???!!!???!!!
Let's be clear, we have never had the diaper discussion with Tate, we have never asked or expected him to changes Owie's diapers, or showed him HOW to change a diaper, but for some reason, still unknown to me, he decided to change Owen's diaper...a poopy one no less.
When I got to the stairs of the garage, it was a sight to behold...Tate holding Owen, not seeming to care that he had poop covering his back, the diaper on backwards, with poop all over it, and Owie's outfit covered in poop also...and Tate ranting that it would be the last diaper he ever changed...I grabbed Owen, instructed Tate to go scour his hands with soap and water and kindly told him thank you for his efforts, scared to go into Owie's room to see the mess in there...
It was a mess...the changing table cover with poop all over it, and even one of Owen's binky had poop on it!!! Owen was quickly disrobed...clothes, changing table cover and binky quickly sanitized...and Owie scoured in the bath!!! It was pretty comical...I was trying to figure out how to contain the mess but still get some photos...but decided that the mess was big enough, without me complicating it...so sorry no pictures...and really I am probably happily sparing you all...it was a DISGUSTING MESS!!!
Ty and I just kept looking at each other and laughing...I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when that all went down...
We told Tate maybe next time before he attempts to change a diaper we would give him a lesson first!!!
2 comments:
Hilarious! I read that one to Steve and he was cracking up!
That is classic! I am so impressed that he even tried - that is more than Drew would do!
Post a Comment