So after much anxiety about leaving little "O" for the first time, our trip finally came. We enlisted the help of Ty's mom for a day and my very cute neice, Makelle for the rest of the weekend. It was awesome..she was awesome...my boys were in very good hands. Tate and Davis were very big helpers with their little brother and Owen did great...slept through night and did not seem to have any issues. But I think being in your own house, in your own bed and with your brothers is a big help. I am happy to know next time we need a break that we have someone to count on. Thanks Makelle!!
A week before we left I realized that the Yankees have their Spring Training in Tampa, Ty and I love the Yankees and even more so, I love Derek Jeter!!! I was so excited...only to be disappointed days later when I realized Jeter would not be there because he was playing in the World Baseball Classic...just my luck!!!!
But we went to a couple of Spring Training games anyway...the Saturday game they happened to be playing a split squad and we didn't know it, so when we got there they only players worth mention were Hideki Matsui and Johnny Damon...I was mad...it was boring and I was not sure I wanted to go back the next day. Sunday, we decided to return and it was worth it, as everyone was there...except Jeter of course...Andy Pettite pitched and it was very fun. Sunday was so warm, Ty and I left the sunscreen in the car and got sunburned, the top of Ty's head looked like a tomato. But it was so fun. Ty and I decided that we needed to take our boys back in a couple of years...they would love it!!!
We also attended the SEC Tournament Games and watched Alabama vs. Tennessee and Auburn vs. Florida. Besides attending every sporting event in town we also made time for some very enjoyable and relaxing dinners at our favorite restaurant, Ruth's Chris. My day lounging at the pool while Ty was in meetings, a fun afternoon at the beach and driving around Tampa seeing the sights. And obviously the most important...spending time with Ty. It was very much needed and very much appreciated.
I am always so happy to return home to our boys, we missed them and it was just long enough to be able to come home and feel like good parents again. I can't believe how much a little break can help stretch your patience for those times when my boys love to run it thin. I am also so happy to be able to spend alone time with Ty, to be reminded about the things we love about each other and to be alone!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment