Monday, January 12, 2009

"Rollin', Rollin'......"

"Hmm, how do I do this?...hey mom, this is hard work... I will try it again!!...I could use a little help here!!!....my head is so heavy...I...think..I..almost got it...I need a rest...okay here we go again!...almost....almost...I..think..I..might...have it...if I could just get this arm out of the way... I am almost there...I did it...I think...I did it....now why did I want to do this?...since I am on a roll, I might as well roll back over...."

Owen "rolled" right into his 5 month!!!
Owen was 5 months on the 4th of January and he decided that he would rollover to show us how big he is getting!!!
The only problem now is, only sometimes can he figure out how to roll back over onto his back and so he is continually rolling onto his stomach and then getting mad because he doesn't want to be on his stomach, so he screams and squaks until someone comes to save him and helps him roll back over. The other night I was in the front room on the computer and he was in the family room, just playing and talking and when I went back into the room he had managed to roll over, I am assuming a number of times, as he was about 3 or 4 feet from where I laid him....TROUBLE!!! I am not sure we are ready for a mobile baby!!!
Owen can also be seen trying to squirm his way out of the Bumbo chair....the other day I was in the bathroom doing my hair and Owen was sitting in his bumbo on the counter...He has discovered that if he leans clear back in the bumbo and puts his elbows on the back of the bumbo he can lift himself almost out of the seat....I screamed...he laughed and tried it again...HELP ME!!! Ty and I have decided he is going to be TROUBLE and it seems to be coming faster than we thought!!!!
Owen has discovered how to take his binky out and play with it. Last night we were at my mom's and he was playing with his binky and somehow he got it lodged in his mouth and we could not get it out!!! He had lodged it and then locked his jaw onto it, in a panic I finally had to pull it out, his gums started to bleed...I am not sure who was more upset, Owen or me????
I sometimes wonder if he is getting teeth, he as been chewing and slobbering for weeks now, acting as if his mouth is irratating him...I hope we are not starting the teething nightmare already!!
Owen is a happy, squealing, slobbering 5 month old!!! He can light up your day with his smile, he smiles with his tongue sticking out!! He loves to give you slobbery kisses and he absolutly LOVES his brothers!!! Owen just keeps getting more and more personality and is more and more fun...which makes it hard to wish he would stop growing!!!!

1 comment:

tara said...

dude. i am insanely jealous of a camera that will allow you to capture every tiny movement right as it happens. JEALOUS!

little owen is just too cute for words. i love davis popping in one frame to say high too:)