Monday, January 19, 2009

Meltdown Monday.....

For weeks now I have been meaning to clean out Owen's dresser drawers, as there is no room for the clothes that actually fit him right now. His drawers are filled with all the newborn and up to 3 month clothing that no longer fit him....fighting back the tears.....so I have been stuffing all the clothes that actually fit him into one drawer and it has been driving me crazy. But no matter how crazy that was making me I could not bring myself to clean out all the newborn outfits, leaving them there for another day.

Well today was the day....I was going to conquer Owen's dresser and put away for the last time those little newborn outfits, making room for the bigger clothes he is wearing these days. I felt myself quite stable this morning and decided I could handle it!!! CORRECTION: I could NOT handle it and everytime I pulled out a different outfit, or a little sock, tears streamed down my face, I was sobbing uncontrollably. I picked up each outfit, looked at it, smelled it, and gently folded it and put it away in the box. My thoughts jumped from, look how little Owen was and look at him now, as he is looking at me with a big grin and rolling over. And my other thought was that I would never see that same little outfit on any other babies of mine. I put in the box those outfits I could not bear to part with, some I put in another box to give away, not as many attachments to those as some of the others. The box sits open in the middle of Owen's room, I am not sure I can bring myself to carry it down stairs and put them away, for what will probably be forever.

So, I am now in the Meltdown Monday funk, not sure if I will make it out of it today....just not feeling it today!!! You might be wondering if I am stable....I am or I will be soon I hope....just remind yourself of the day you cleaned out your newborn babies clothes for the last time and see what kind of funk you were in. I hope your having a better Monday than me!!!!

3 comments:

Mindy K said...

So sad, Allison,

I love each new stage, but there really should be a button to push when we're ready to move on.

I'm sorry; I keep wondering if Grace is our last and then start panicking that I haven't cherished everything enough. There's no way to win.

Here's wishing you a better Monday!

tara said...

awwww. i still bet you'd take another monday like THAT over the ridiculous TUES. you had to endure? am i right? :)

it IS sad. but then i'm sort of dead inside so i managed to get over it in a hurry.

Goff family said...

Oh, thanks Allison, I was doing fine when I was putting away Oakley's clothes, but now I don't know if I will the next time. I shouldn't have read this. Just kidding. I know EXACTLY how you feel!