Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Lessons learned....

During the last couple of weeks I have encountered an array of lessons learned all based on the following surgerical procedures I have had done in the last week....tubal ligation (tieing my tubes...yep that is exactly what it means...no more pregnancies...no more babies...no more boys..., endometrial ablation and removing some growth, mass, lump, whatever you want to call it...from my abdomen just above my c-section scar...and whilst they had me on the table found an ovarian cyst to add to the list...try running through that with every Tom, Dick or Harry that comes to talk to you before your said surgical procedures...

My lessons learned....
...that one small stick of seaweed stuck where the sun doesn't shine...can cause IMMEDIATE cramping in your lower regions for HOURS...what for???...to soften and dialate before said procedures...

....that men that have not shared in the pregnancy, birthing or mothering of one such child...can not have or share an opinion on whether or not you should tie your tubes...not talking about my better half, he could probably have an opinion on that one...

...that not everyone has the same experience or results from an endometrial ablation...8% failure rate is bound to do that...here's for hoping success for mine....

....that it is not wise to google EVERYTHING...trying to obtain your PHd of endometrial ablation off the internet...it is not wise...will scare you almost out of having procedures done...Call your Dr.

....that endometriosis can exist outside your uterus...
..............that I have endometriosis...outside my uterus
....that endometriosis is like a spore and during c-sections can escape and attach to other parts of your insides and start to grow...ie the lump in my stomach, just above my c-section scar....gross I know...sorry...the lessons I have learned on your behalf...

....that, apparently, ultrasounds and/or ultrasound techs...can miss ovarian cysts the size of LIMES...two weeks previous, not to be discovered until one said OB/GYN was doing such surgical procedures....

....that I am grateful one such ovarian cyst was found...saved me from some painful ordeal down the line...

...that when you come home from surgery the same day does not mean it will be the same as coming home on day 4 after a c-section....

....that you might feel like you have been run over with a train when coming home the same-day after surgery....and I am not a wuss...

....that gas bubbles that torment you three days after surgery that settle in your chest feel like you are having a heartattack...not okay...

....that just because it is laproscopic...doesn't mean it doesn't hurt...

....that having my c-section scar cut open again...does not bode well for my bikini season...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...now that was funny

....that pathology labs do not take the feelings or anticipations of one said patient into consideration when taking one week to receive test results back from lumps in stomachs, ovarian cysts or cleaned out uteruses...

....that Dr.'s that tell you not to lift for 2 weeks have never been mothers...and have never been a mother to a current 18 month old....

...that husbands that stay home from work for two days to "help" you after your surgery...really have other things planned...like say...wiring the basement...

....that even the sweetest of husbands...hit a limit in there sympathy bucket and eventually it does run dry...by about day 3!!!

....that I should have added tummy tuck to my list of surgical procedures...working on your on flat tummy is hard to do when you are banned from the gym for two weeks and taking pride in the fact you did it ale natural can be overrated...
....my lessons learned...

2 comments:

Colette said...

Serious lessons... sheesh. Sounds like you've been through the ringer! Hope you feel better soon.

Lisa said...

I feel like I am in your boat and have learned a few lessons this week myself. I hope that your recovery goes well and you can get back on your busy feet soon.