Merry Christmas...Happy Holidays...Happy New Year...Welcome to 2010...
24 days into 2010 and I am not sure where we've been, where we are going and how we will get back here...
Our little family seems to be in constant motion these days...barely finding time to breath...someone asked me recently..."why we were so busy and when was it going to slow down"...I have decided the answer to that question is uuhh...NEVER!! But what I love is that we are not any different than those arounds us...so no pitty party here...just going to comiserate with you all!!!
The highlights and lowlights of the "Bro Club" go something like this....
December started out with GREAT intentions...early shopping...Christmas cards (that soon became New Year's Cards and now will be something like Valentine's or Spring cards...THEY ARE COMING...mark my words...mostly so I will be certain to receive yours next year...don't take me off your list!!) Gingerbread houses, Family Christmas Parties, Hosting Ty's office for dinner, lots of shopping and more shopping.
Unfortunately, we were also reminded how fragile life can be...as a good friend and neighbor passed away suddenly after a pulimonary embolism in his lung. We have lived in our ward and neighborhood for 7 1/2 years...this was the first death and funeral. Passing away at a young 48 years old leaving behind his wife and 3 young children. It rocked my little world...things can change so quickly, I often think of the little things that bother me and wonder why I let them, I shouldn't be taking the time I have with my family and friends for granted...you never know when it could be taken from you. I do have to say...we are so blessed to live where we live...our little neighborhood and ward pulled together to try and do all that we could to help this little family. I am so grateful that I live so close to so many dear friends that are always looking out for one another. Ken will always be an example of true friendship and compassion, he loved our boys and was constantly entertained and amused by them during church. Always taking the time to see how you were doing and making sure he listened. He was a great example to me and my little family and we will always be blessed for having known him. He is greatly missed!!!
Shopping and Christmas hustle and bustle took a major backseat that week, as it did not seem to matter or be that important.
Tyler has been on a fasttrack of craziness...whether it be at work or with his church calling. The end of the year always gets crazy in the world of a ward clerk...budgets...calendars...and tithing settlement...those things corresponding with Christmas...makes for a crazy month. Tyler has had a very rewarding professional year...he never ceases to amaze me with his knowledge and professionalism.
Tate is playing Super League basketball this year...on a team with all of his closest buddies. It has been fun...but a lot more dedication and time than Junior Jazz. Shocking, I know! No matter what sport Tate plays he gives EVERYTHING he has...Basketball is definetly not his greatest strength...but it is not for lack of trying...What I love about Tate is his determination and will power to play as if he were 7 feet tall. Jumping for rebounds against guys who are a head taller than him and somehow coming away with it...sacrificing his body to jump on the floor and fight for that loose ball or flying outbounds to save the ball...he is pretty impressive. Tate was also asked by the Bishopric to speak in church for the Christmas program...two speakers on the program...Tate and the 2nd counselor in the Bishopric. He was awesome...he looked like a miniature prophet and stood up and didn't seem to even be nervous. He did awesome and impressed everyone at church that day, including his mom and dad. On a side note...as we were preparing his talk earlier that week, Ty asked him where Jesus was born and his response...OHIO...where have we gone wrong??? He is also doing very well in school and continues to grow up right before our eyes...not okay!
Davis is READING!!!! BUT, only on his timeframe...if he is not in the mood...don't even try, you will only walk away wanting to beat the kid. The boys got a foosball table for Christmas and he has a nasty spin move that is unstobbable...he also has a trash talking mouth that doesn't stop the entire game...whether he is winning or not...this is no elementary trash talking...I find myself wondering where he learned..."I posted you and I kicked your trash"!!! The other night when the Jazz played the Cavaliers...Davis told us days before that he wasn't sure who he was going to cheer for and it was going to be a hard decision...he is a big time "YeBraun" (Lebron James) fan...and told us we wouldn't know who he was cheering for until he came out in the appropriate jersey...he arrived in style wearing Lebron James' jersey and started his trash talking tyriad from the first tip!!! Christmas with Davis this year was a NIGHTMARE...not sure if he will have Christmas next year...He acted like a spoiled brat...and told me after almost every present in his most disgusted way..."I didn't ask for that"and "I didn't want that"...he almost had his mom in tears and spent part of the morning in his room in timeout!! Ty says that Davis is a person of EXTREMES....it is very accurate...he is either extremely nice or extremely NAUGHTY...there is no in between. He is very smart and is said to be an angel at school...did we expect anything else??? Tate didn't know where Jesus was born...Davis wanted to know why we acted out the Nativity every year..."now mom, why do we do that thing with your family???", "what thing Davis?" "Ya know with the donkey and wisemen???"...I promise we have taught our children the story of Christ's birth...although we found ourselves questioning it.
Owen is my little buddy...He will be 18 months on the 4th of February and growing so fast!! He could probably best be described as a toddler these days...and has decided that if something is bugging him...he will give you a high pitched scream...at times when it is so not appropriate...he also can throw a vicious tantrum and has even had his first moments in timeout in his crib. Don't worry he understands...and he understands well...he also will hit you and pinch you when provoked or when he gets mad. He loves balls, Coal and doing just what his brothers are doing. He loves to send everyone out the door in the morning, waving frantically to Ty and Tate, sometimes bringing them their shoes and coats. He also loves to "go" and will find his jacket and head for the door. I can't believe how fast he has grown...he should start nursery next month...but I am not sure I am ready to start nursery...so maybe he will...maybe he won't. I love being able to spend this special time with my boys...each one has gotten this alone time with mom and it is my favorite. Owen is finally giving kisses and is very fair and makes sure to give them evenly to Ty and I. He gives fives and just the other day started to give bones...a true boy!! And one of his new words..."touchdown", shocking...I know. Some days I think he thinks he is too busy playing to stop and have a nap or go to bed!!! Not okay!!! He is the love of our lives and makes everyones day better just with his smile!!!
Every week I think that things are going to mellow out and we will be able to have nice peaceful evenings at home...it never happens...a week that looks like we have nothing, turns into chaos!!! Maybe someday I will be able to make a blog post that isn't a novel entry...pages and pages of weeks or months of happenings in this house, trying to play catch-up!!!
This Sunday has been mellow....but as I sit here...chaos is going on around me...the boys are beyond spastic...Owen is hypered out and now is in trouble because he is hurting Tate and Davis. With all the craziness, I am watching my boys, sitting on the couch all together, and I am loving every moment.
I don't make New Year's Resolutions but if I did I would make a resolution to do this more...we'll see...but it is good to be back...
No comments:
Post a Comment