Last night I found myself watching in a sort of out of body experience the happenings going on in our house...
Tate came home from school...willingly did his homework without arguing...and then went out with Ty and mowed the lawn in the backyard...it is a lot of grass and he did a really good job!! As I was watching him I couldn't believe that he was old enough and able enough to manuever the lawnmower and mow the lawn...this isn't his first time he has mowed the lawn...but for some reason this one caught my attention...as he mowed Ty was able to do other things making the job that much faster...but I stood in my kitchen...trying to capture my feelings on camera...only to have my camera dead...no battery left after my 400+ photo session on Saturday at Tate's game. Trying to capture that moment in time when I saw Tate...growing up on me...
Anxious to finish dinner so that we could start the Yankee Playoff game we had DVRrd from hours previous...Ty, Tate and I all sat down to watch...Davis not so interested went back and forth from his DS, the playroom TV and playing with Owen...and it was from this position that I was able to see how darn lucky I am...
As I sat there I saw many things that make me so happy I am a mom...but not only a mom...but a mom to MY boys...Tate WANTING to sit with Ty and I and watch a game with us...occassionally going downstairs to play with Davis...Tate laying on the floor...only to have little monster Owen come over and climb on him, bounce on him, hit him with something, or sit on his face...laughing the entire time...
Watching Owen taking those very unstable steps as he is walking more and more each day...last night it was becoming his primary way of transportation...coming over to see Ty and I, leaning up against the couch or our legs...clapping and jabbering as if he was right in the mix of the game...singing dad dad dad dad over and over again, saying "yah" when you talk to him...coming over to get his fix of Cookie Crisp cereal out the bowl...taking a handful and walking away...
Chasing a bouncy ball all over the kitchen...only to be so pleased when Davis decides to join in the game and laughing his deep belly laugh when Davis chases him...realizing yesterday that not only has he cut two molars on top, one on each side...that he has also cut two molars on bottom, one on each side...and obviously this mom didn't have a clue!!!
Davis asking for his second or third helping of Cookie Dough Ice Cream...this time in shake form...then telling me if I don't get Cookie Dough in it...I will be "handled later"...assuming his position downstairs with his shake....occassionally visiting...reviewing the score of the game...reporting the score of the game to those of us who have been watching...impressively knowing who is winning and who is losing, and then also determining how bad it is when the Yankees are losing!! Doing his nightly homework...when I tell him it is time for bed he knows my weakness and offers to play with my hair...instead of going to bed...I usually give in...but it is the way he asks...he doesn't want Ty to hear so he will whisper in my ear...although the first 5 times he asks he just mumbles not even saying real words...carrying Owen around...WHEN OWEN DOES NOT WANT TO BE CARRIED AROUND...
As I sat back and watched all of these things going on around me...constant motion...constant noise...I was so happy...happy to be a part of my little family...happy that we could all be there together...happy we were enjoying each others company...happy that my boys are happy and healthy...and happy that I get to watch Ty taking in all those happy moments watching his boys...and happy that I have Ty to share it all with!!!!
2 comments:
awww. man. that was sweet.
and ditto. Lucky indeed:)
love reading your blog. You are going to be so glad that you wrote that all down someday. You inspire me.
Post a Comment