Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Terrible Two's!!!!????!!!!???!!!

oWeN is tWO!!!!
Today is Owen's Birthday!!! and NO, I am not okay with him turning 2!!!

I am not sure where that two years went...but it is gone and left in its path is a FIESTY two year old, with serious TANTRUM throwing ability!!! He has a smile and eyes that will melt your heart, but a mean streak that can make me want to put him up for sell!! He loves "Coaly", "Tate" and "Du" (Davis), he always wants to know "Where's Dad?" or whomever might be absent from home. I love it when he scrunches his nose and when he pulls the "I'm shy card". He loves to swish all beverages around in his mouth and will sometimes hold them there longer than he should. He loves Woody, Buzz and Bullseye, Al (Alvin & Chipmunks) and his new favorite movie is Coal aka Bolt!! He believes that he is as big as the boys and can get down right mean if you try and tell him different. Every drink is called "watey", and he will only have a bottle before bed, and he will only have it with me. I love it, I have to admit, that is OUR time to snuggle together, and so for the time being, it will continue...because for those few moments every night he is still my baby. He is still a dream to put to bed and still takes good naps!!! A minute ago he asked me, "what doing?"!! It took him a long time to really start talking, but now he can say just about anything!!! Owie HATES nursery!!! Last week he laid in the hallway in front of the nursery saying NO, in very dramatic fashion, lifting his head, covering his face with his hands and then putting his face on the ground and yelling NO!!! Over and over and over again. If you said anything to him, he would do the whole rendition again!! It is awesome!!! Right now, yep, he is hitting me...on the verge of going into time-out, now laying on the floor throwing his play phone, now yelling at me!!! I love this age!!! Yelling louder as I ignore him!!! But I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. Each age and stage brings me so much happiness, and a little bit of sadness!!! He is growing up faster than the other two. Life is good again for "O" his brothers and dad have returned from football, he is standing in the door, yelling a happy hello to all of them!!! The tantrum is over and life is good again!!! We are officially out of the baby stage here at the Peterson home...looking forward to that new adventure of raising our three handsome boys!!! We can't wait to be first in line to see what this FIESTY two year old becomes!!!

HaPpY BiRtHDay OwIE!!!

No comments: